The basic Junior Cadet uniform consists of a kerchief and the official T-shirt or sweatshirt with a Cadet emblem. Badges and patches are to be added as they are earned.
If preferred, a club can decide to wear the same style gray shirts that are worn by Cadets in the older programs. Patches and badges should be sewn to this shirt the same as they are on T-shirts or sweatshirts.
Merit Badges and Rank Stripes
Merit badges and rank stripes are to be sewn on the kerchief as indicated above. You may need to be creative to fit your badges and stripes around the design on your kerchief.
Green Star Award
The green star is given by a Cadet club to a Junior Cadet for outstanding leadership potential and performance. This award can only be earned once by a Junior Cadet during the time he is in the Cadet program.
The tan kangaroo and the red cardinal patches are to be sewn on the right sleeve as the ranks are earned. The green alligator is to be sewn on the left sleeve when it is earned.
The Junior Cadet program stripe is to be sewn on the left sleeve as soon as the boy starts the program.
1. Council Stripe (1"-2.5 cm below left shoulder seam)
2. CCC Emblem (1/2"-1 cm below council stripe) – When ordering a shirt from the supplier it will come with a emblem patch
3. Club Numbers (2"-5 cm below right shoulder seam)
4. Cadre Patch (1/2"-1 cm below numbers)
5. Cadre Chief Bars (1/2" -1 cm above right shoulder seam)
6. Motto Patch (left pocket flap just above button hole)
7. Merit Badges and Sash (1/2"-1 cm above left pocket)
8. Recruit Stripe (1/2"-1 cm below emblem)
9. Flag Knowledge Badge (2 1/4"-5.7 cm below cadre patch)
10. Pathfinder Stripe (1/2"-1 cm below Recruit) 11. Citizenship Badge (1/2"-1 cm below Flag Knowledge)
12. Builder Stripe (1/2"-1 cm below Pathfinder)
13. CAMPING AWARDS
14. ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
15. MEMORY/MILEAGE AWARDS
16. Event Patches
Patches awarded for participation in Cadet events are to be worn as directed. For example, patches given to campers at an international camporee include a button loop so the patch can be worn hanging from the button on the right pocket. The Snow Derby patch has a cut in it so it can also hang from a pocket button.
17. Black Star Award (worn on right pocket flap, left of button)
The counselor should wear club numbers, cadre patch, council stripe, and CCC emblem as indicated for Cadet. Special awards and the Camping Certification patch are also worn as indicated for the Cadet. His uniform, however, must be void of any Cadet rank stripe or merit badge.
If a boy wishes to become a junior counselor after passing through the Cadet program, he may retain his awards etc., but is to wear the counselors necktie instead of a kerchief or string tie. He should also wear the junior counselor stripe, and during his term as junior counselor he may earn the Silver Star award.
The counselor is to wear the Counselor Stripe, 1/2 inch (1 cm) below the CCC emblem and the Counselor Name Plate above the left pocket. Additional identification (e.g. Congressman, President, Council Board, D.C.E.) should be worn 1/2 inch (1 cm) below the counselor stripe.